The History of INPS
International Name Plate Supplies Limited (INPS) began in London, Ontario, Canada. Like many small businesses, it started in the home of the owners,
Werner and Pamela Humann.
As business grew, INPS moved to a dedicated building at 578 Crumlin Road in London. The original building remains in use by the business today.
With 10 employees (mostly family), Werner and his partners, Eric Foster and Hans Schoettle incorporate INPS. Manufacturing processes included
engraving, hotstamping and screen printing.
To commemorate the repatriation of the Canadian Constitution in 1982, a flagpole was erected flying the Canadian flag which still flies today.
With over 20 employees, an addition was added to 1420 Crumlin Road (formerly 578), along with a sales office. Werner Humann acquired INPS as a sole owner.
Through the acquisition of Ontario Plastics, INPS added the processes of Thermoforming (Vacuum Forming) and made advancements in screen printing.
INPS serviced many clients in London including General Motors, Northern Telecom, Western University and Fanshawe College.
INPS expanded into the rail market through its relationship with General Motors and 3M Canada.
INPS became a licensed vendor for Rotary International.
With over 50 employees, INPS expanded its presence on Crumlin Road opening another facility in London at 1450 Crumlin Road.
INPS became ISO Certified as they continued to meet the expectations of their customers.
INPS partnered with CSX to start an associate company called Ecotrans Technologies, building auxillary power units for locomotives.
INPS expanded into the US rail market opening a manufacturing facility in Longview, Texas. (INPS US)
INPS manufactured HPPL signage to Manhattan, New York, USA city buildings to improve building safety after 9/11.
Monclava Mexico Plant opened as a feeder for emergency production for the rail industry.
INPS expanded into the Mexico Rail Market opening a manufacturing facility in Matamoras, Mexico.
INPS acquired XYZ (now known
as its Machining Centre) opening a (22,000 sq. ft.) manufacturing facility for waterjet cutting, routering, machining and wire harnesses
at 129 Falcon Street in London.
INPS became a licensed vendor for Lions Club International.
INPS acquired Falcon Plastics (now known as Mexican International Inc. MII) adding a 30,000 sq. ft. injection molding plant in Matamoras, Mexico.
With INPS US operations rapid growth further expansion occurred to add digital printing and laminating.
INPS started an associate company called NATSCO (North American Transit Supply Corporation) in Milton, Ontario to further service the Transit market.
MII opened a Canadian facility at 137 Falcon Street in London to further service the auto industry.
INPS started an associate company called Ultrahund to manufacture HPPL Pet Collars and Leashes.
INPS added photopolymer braille to its manufacturing capabilities to meet AODA and ADA standards.
With over 150 employees at INPS CA, a new addition was underway to increase manufacturing space for new vinyl cutters, digital printers and INPS’ engineering department at
Crumlin Road in London.
MII London added robotic equipment and moved its facility to 335 Neptune Crescent in London.
INPS purchased a 6-station screen printing unit to further its screen printing capabilities.
INPS acquired Autograph Trim expanding its facility graphics and wayfinding capabilities.
INPS now employs over 400 people and services the Rail, Transit and Graphics markets in Canada, USA and Mexico.