3M™ Anti-Graffiti Solutions:
- Can help prevent surfaces from being tagged
- Can help make it easier to remove most types of graffiti
- Offers a side of products to meet the needs of various applications
- Offers different levels of graffiti resistant overlaminates
- Can be used in various types of applications, ranging from signage to street furniture, to glass etc.
Tools of the graffiti trade
- Bingo Dabbers
- Spray Paint
- Keys and Knives
How do 3M Anti-Graffiti Solutions work?
Products within the 3M Anti-Graffiti portfolio fall within two categories:
- AG4, AG7, 8991R
- Protects from various types of graffiti incl. chemical etching, scratching etc.
- No base film required
- Applied directly on various substrates such as glass, meal, bus shelter, etc.
- To remove graffiti, simply remove film and replace with a new one
- 3658, 3660, 8528, 8991, 8993, 8995 applied to printed IJ180
- The printed IJ180 film provides the first line of defense against graffiti as it removes the “blank canvas”
- If graffiti (paint, markers, etc) still occurs, them overlam helps removing the damage
Design guidelines for minimizing graffiti occurrences:
- Minimal blank space
- Minimal use of light colours in design and background
Four types of over laminates
From most flexible to most graffiti resistant:
- 3658, 3660 (Vinyl)
- 8528 (Vinyl + C1 protective coating)
- 3640, 3642 (PVDF - Polyvinylidene fluoride) best balance (flexibility & graffiti
- 8991, 8991R, 8993, 8995, AG4, AG7 (Polyester)
Anti-Graffiti Tips and Tricks
- If removal doesn’t work with citrus cleaner, try IPA (Isopropyl alcohol)
- Xylene can be used next on any material but not on 3685, 3660 and 8528
How to Remove Graffiti
- Apply a generous quantity of citrus cleaner
- Place a plastic sheet or garbage bag on top of the applied citrus cleaner – this will prevent it from evaporating
- Wait 30-60 sec
- Remove graffiti
- Traffic Boxes, Traffic Control Boxes, Traffic Signal Boxes
- Canada Post Letter Boxes – with the addition of a graphic wrap graffiti and tagging activity decreased form 80% to 10% (Ottawa) 50% to 20% (Montreal), 20% to 10% (Vancouver) and 40% to 10% on average.
- New Canada Post boxes have an anti-graffiti vinyl – 180CV3 with 3640GPS.
- Go Train Ticket Dispensers
- Hydro Boxes
- Newspaper and Yellow Pages distribution boxes
“Prevent Graffiti with Anti-Graffiti vinyls and wraps”