Overlays, Nameplates and Faceplates can be made from Metal
Fabrications processes include: forming and bending, incorporating mounting studs, adhesive or mechanical fasteners, creating countersink and counterbore holes, digital and screening printing.
Anodized Aluminum Faceplates and Overlays are an ideal choice for control panels because of their exceptional abrasion resistance. The anodic layer is impervious to weather, and provides excellent resistance to abrasion, corrosion, chemicals and solvents.
Anodized aluminum control panels are available with a one-part or two-part panel construction and in either brushed, satin or matte finishes. A one-part panel construction uses just one thick sheet of anodized aluminum containing graphic elements and is fabricated to your panel design using one or more processes in our machine and print shops. A two-part panel construction is engineered from a thin sheet of anodized aluminum with graphic elements, which is then affixed to an identically fabricated thicker supporting aluminum or stainless steel back panel.
Why Choose Anodized Aluminum Panels?
- Images are sealed beneath the anodic layer for increased durability.
- Superior resistance to abrasion, chemicals, solvents, and extreme temperatures. Black graphics possess the greatest durability with expected exterior life of up to 10 years. Colors may have reduced UV resistance. Please contact us.
- Precision fabrication in our machine and print shops to your design specifications in thicknesses ranging from .003” to .125”.
INPS can produce panel overlay and logo and model/serial specification plates for your equipment control panels. We have the ability to produce the drawing from your specs or can use a CAD generated file from your company to produce panels to your exact specifications. Our attention to detail and precision software for incorporating your drawing results in an accurate, professional panel overlay for your equipment.
Surface engraved Control panels. Reverse Engraved paint filled panels
Using anodized aluminium as a substrate for your manufactured control panel provides a solvent and scratch resistant, multi-coloured metal finish control panel suitable for use in Instrumentation and audio visual applications.
Why Choose Engraved Aluminum Panels?
- Engraved aluminum is fire retardant
Engraved/Etched Stainless Steel
INPS can punch, machine or laser cut the base material to ensure the best and most economical method for your panel, making it possible to provide production volumes for existing parts or smaller volumes for a prototype part. INPS can also CNC fold sheet metal up to 80 tonnes providing you with metal control panels that are perfectly formed for the assembly at your site.
Etched nameplates are a very durable option for harsh environments common in the Oil & Gas industry where the nameplates need to withstand offshore, marine and extreme climate applications. The nameplates are produced by chemically etching the text detail from the surface of the material and this is then paint infilled to provide contrast for ease of reading.
Printed Stainless Steel
We can also offer screen printed stainless steel nameplates on which the text detail is surface printed onto the stainless steel providing a more economical option.
Our in house, experienced screen-printing team can add colours to ensure that your product stands out from the crowd. Alternatively, we can digitally print your metal control panel to re-create multi-colour photographic images. Digital printing also provides us with the option to provide lower volumes without the origination charges which is perfect in early design stages.
Why Choose Stainless Steel Control Panels?
• Excellent resistance to chemicals, abrasion, solvents, corrosion and oxidation.
• Superior performance in high caustic and acidic environments that would attack aluminum.
• Durable enough to withstand even the harshest outdoor conditions including extreme cold and heat. Expected exterior life of up to 20 years. Color graphics have limited UV resistance.
• Low maintenance expenditures in the form of repair and replacement costs.
• Precision fabrication in our machine and print shops to your design specifications.
Examples of Applications and Types of Faceplates and Overlays:
- Backlit Displays on Control Panels
- Instructional Overlays and Diagrams
- Overlays with Raised Buttons
- Transparent Window Overlays
- Trains and Buses
- Industrial Equipment
- Power Tools
- Household Appliances
- Electronic Devices
- Healthcare Equipment
- Strength Training & Fitness machines
- Lawn and Garden Equipment
- Automotive Applications
Types of Nameplates, Faceplates and Overlays:
- Membrane Switch Overlay
- Backlit Overlays
- Dead front Overlays
- Instrument Fabrication
- Control Panels
- Warning & Danger
- Product Identification