Did you know the major contributor of sound is the diesel engine?
Quiet Ride sound damping panels reduce noise and vibration inside the cabin and can be easily installed by your staff or our team of professionals.
Make work more pleasant – give your employees a quiet ride.
Quiet Ride cleans up the look of cabin interior and is custom-made to fit all locomotive models
Our Quiet Ride sound dampening system reduces noise and vibration inside the cabin environment, making work more pleasant for your employees. This multi-layered panel system can be easily installed inside the locomotive by your staff or our team of professionals. Quiet Ride cleans up the look of the cabin interior and is custom-made to fit all locomotive models.
Benefits of the Quiet Ride system:
- Reduces noise inside the locomotive in both high and low frequency sound
- Can be installed without removing any existing accessories
- Esthetically pleasing lines and finishes
- Custom-designed to fit new-build or older locomotives
- Scratch and dent resistant exterior
- Designed for ease of installation
- Compliant with all current industry standards
- Low frequency sound – 4 hertz to 250 hertz is minimized by constrained layer damping material
- High frequency sound – 250 hertz to 22 Kilo-hertz is minimized by open cell foam
- Fire retardant, scratch and dent resistant exterior provides clean new looking finish
“Our product is designed to lower the decibel level of low and high frequency noises. We design our panels to retrofit into your current locomotive cabs.”
– Tom Freeman, VP Engineering, INPS Group
From Classic to Modern
- Our team works with the customer to design and engineer products to reduce noise and enhance cab interiors
- We use existing inventory or create new panels
- We design for older locomotives and modern units
- To ensure precision, we measure, use 3D Scans and/or utilize CAD geometry Panels are unique and custom molded
- Exterior color and texture options available